Please see RMC’s COVID-19 guidelines for classroom instruction below. These will be updated as appropriate.
Any urgent updates regarding COVID-19 measures will be posted in plain site on the main page.
In line with the Provincial COVID-19 Communicable Disease Guidelines for K-12 Settings document, key measures include the following:
- MASKS: All staff, students, and visitors will be required to wear non-medical masks in all indoor areas of the school. Exceptions to the mask requirements are outlined on page 20 of the provincial guidelines.
- DAILY HEALTH CHECKS: Daily health checks are required before students/staff come to school. A daily health check list is posted to the school district website and all school websites.
- HAND HYGIENE: Diligent hand hygiene will continue to be emphasized, with hand-washing encouraged upon entry, before/after breaks, before/after eating, after using washrooms, and after touching shared equipment.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Although public health no longer recommends strict physical distancing of two metres, schools will use strategies to help with respecting personal space, including using available learning spaces.
- CLEANING: General cleaning, as well as cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces, will occur at least once in a 24-hour period and when visibly dirty.
- VENTILATION: Ventilation systems in all school district facilities meet WorkSafeBC requirements and requirements as set out in the provincial guidelines with all air filters continuing to be replaced on a regular basis. Improvements to SD42 ventilation systems are listed here.
- VACCINATIONS: According to public health, vaccines are the most effective way to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in schools and communities. Public health strongly encourages all eligible students (12+) and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Registration is available:
- TARGETED MEASURES: Local public health orders may be put in place for entire regions or communities, including schools, as determined by the Medical Health Officer.